Have you heard the song 'Walk by Faith' by Jeremy Camp. If you haven't you should. I remember it bringing me to my knees in tears when my mother was going through cancer.
After my mom went home, I was very purposeful in not losing sight of God's goodness. I was mad, I won't lie but I stayed plugged in. I stayed tuned into His Word. Before she died it was as though God told me that I was going to lose her so in a way I was prepared although truth be told nothing can prepare you to lose a loved one. Bottom line, I had to remind myself that God was and IS good all of the time.
Here we are in Ninevah, and it has been decided that we will not be building. I am so relieved! I really didn't want to build. I'm thinking the delays in the house not selling was God waiting for us to see that we shouldn't be building. Which mind you, was very confusing, especially when the land we got was such a screaming deal. However, for us this was one of those moments when God wanted us to focus on HIM not on the "screaming deals". With that said, I really want to be moved and settled in to Ninevah. God has lots of work for us and being in limbo is a distraction. It was back to our original plan which was to find a home that is structurally sound but because it requires updating we could get a good deal on it. Granted remodeling is not my ideal but it beats building from scratch. At least in this season of my life, I much rather remodel than build.
We found a house and just from first glance it appears that it is exactly what we want (and need). We re-listed the house with a new Realtor. We are hopeful that with her network and God's provision she can sell our home. We have prayed for our buyer, whoever they may be. My prayer is that they are a light to the neighborhood. That they will be blessed living there and can make some awesome memories there.
Likewise, we look ahead to the home we just found. God is in the details and there are things that we have thought of and as we toured the home we could see God in the details. The girls want a tree house. It doesn't have a "tree house" but it does have an empty shed in the back next to a big tree. The idea of my girls climbing trees was not very inviting but they can paint the shed and be as creative as they want to be with this set-up. We wanted brick. The house is all brick. I wanted gas heating and cooking. Guess what, it has it. The architectural details, you know those things that are nearly impossible to change, well in those specifics God totally nailed it, but of course He did! We forgot to pray for bathrooms, LOL! The Master bath is small and although remodeling it is in the top-10 of our to-do list, we can't really change small. We are walking out on faith. It is official, we do not have any more money left! We are putting a contract on this house today and there's nothing left to do but to see God at work.
I'm getttin' myself some popcorn, won't you join me?
After my mom went home, I was very purposeful in not losing sight of God's goodness. I was mad, I won't lie but I stayed plugged in. I stayed tuned into His Word. Before she died it was as though God told me that I was going to lose her so in a way I was prepared although truth be told nothing can prepare you to lose a loved one. Bottom line, I had to remind myself that God was and IS good all of the time.
Here we are in Ninevah, and it has been decided that we will not be building. I am so relieved! I really didn't want to build. I'm thinking the delays in the house not selling was God waiting for us to see that we shouldn't be building. Which mind you, was very confusing, especially when the land we got was such a screaming deal. However, for us this was one of those moments when God wanted us to focus on HIM not on the "screaming deals". With that said, I really want to be moved and settled in to Ninevah. God has lots of work for us and being in limbo is a distraction. It was back to our original plan which was to find a home that is structurally sound but because it requires updating we could get a good deal on it. Granted remodeling is not my ideal but it beats building from scratch. At least in this season of my life, I much rather remodel than build.
We found a house and just from first glance it appears that it is exactly what we want (and need). We re-listed the house with a new Realtor. We are hopeful that with her network and God's provision she can sell our home. We have prayed for our buyer, whoever they may be. My prayer is that they are a light to the neighborhood. That they will be blessed living there and can make some awesome memories there.
Likewise, we look ahead to the home we just found. God is in the details and there are things that we have thought of and as we toured the home we could see God in the details. The girls want a tree house. It doesn't have a "tree house" but it does have an empty shed in the back next to a big tree. The idea of my girls climbing trees was not very inviting but they can paint the shed and be as creative as they want to be with this set-up. We wanted brick. The house is all brick. I wanted gas heating and cooking. Guess what, it has it. The architectural details, you know those things that are nearly impossible to change, well in those specifics God totally nailed it, but of course He did! We forgot to pray for bathrooms, LOL! The Master bath is small and although remodeling it is in the top-10 of our to-do list, we can't really change small. We are walking out on faith. It is official, we do not have any more money left! We are putting a contract on this house today and there's nothing left to do but to see God at work.
I'm getttin' myself some popcorn, won't you join me?
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.