Where do I begin?
House in VA
I'll cut to the chase, NO. Make that a BIG FAT NO. Let the record state, we are so OK with this. The seller went from telling us we could do an inspection for "informational purposes only" to "no inspection". HELLO!!! Big red flag. How dumb do we look? Don't answer that, lately we look pretty worn, LOL! The crazy thing is that in VA a seller does not have to provide you with full disclosure in order to put their home on the market. In CO we had to complete about 5 pages of full disclosure information. We were taken back by this little tidbit.
Being the investigators that we are, we went knocking on doors in the neighborhood. Who needs an inspection when the neighbors there were just plain awesome and oozing with information. I'll spare you the details, suffice it to say, God spared us from that nightmare. I am all about putting some elbow grease and sweat equity into a home however, I want to see how much work is left to do so that I can bid accordingly. The sellers of this home bought it as a foreclosure and basically put "lipstick on a pig" and didn't really invest into fixing the issues. Now they are trying to pass on that money pit to an unsuspecting fool. Oh joy!
House in CO
Still on the market. We are marketing for sale and for rent. We got nothing. Likely we will be heading back to CO and parking ourselves on it until it sells. We are tapped out on funds and can't keep the pace up much longer. Unless God brings the buyer by the end of the month we're outta here. If we have to move back I want to do so before Winter {heavy sigh}
Life in Ninevah
Well, it's been quite the experience thus far. The crazy thing is that we really felt called to be here. We felt God was being very clear in bringing us here. We are completely perplexed as to why He isn't selling our home and giving us the closure that we need so that we can move ahead with the mission at hand. In the meanwhile, this move has taken a toll on our finances and a personal toll on our emotions. We wait and pray because there's nothing left for us to do. We're exasperated.
We continue to thank God for providing thus far. We praise Him because we know somewhere in what we see as a mess, He is orchestrating something. We have no clue what that something is and that is what makes this situation frustrating but we do know that He is up to something.
I know I seem impatient and that is probably because I am. Admission is the first step to recovery right? I implore you not to be a "miserable comforter" (read Job). We know that we have to trust God, we know that it is in God's hands and there's NOTHING we can do. All suggestions, while one may have great ideas, there really is nothing left for us to do. Please do not try to tell me that I am trying to control things because you have not a clue on how little control I have had in this entire process. Armchair psychologist need not apply, LOL! What's funny is that the few people trying to tag this label on me don't even know me!! What is it with the labels and labeling people, again read Job you miserable comforter, LOL! Lastly, not another devotion, not another sermon, well intended they may be. This is a God thing and it's His decision as to when He sells "his house".
Remember the night before Jesus was arrested? Remember His request? it was simple, "be here" and you know what they did? They all fell asleep! That's something I have learned through the years. People don't know how to BE there for people. It's the Mary/Martha syndrome. We feel compelled to give what we feel is a solution whether it be a Bible scripture, a sermon, or when all else fails we fall back on "boundaries" and avoid people altogether.
I've read Job twice now and I so get him when he calls his friends "miserable comforters". Seriously, believers need to learn how to BE with someone who is in the midst of their chaos. Whatever that chaos is. I can recall specific times in my life (including now) where I need the kind of friend that will break bread with me and make me laugh at the chaos while we wait for God to move this mountain. Keep that in mind for when you come across someone in your life who is waiting for God to move their mountain. Just be.
Today the weather is just perfect for some chicken soup. I am going to make some bread. Who will join me?
~
2 Corinthians 4: 7-9, 16-18
But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us. We are hard pressed on every side but not crushed; perplexed but not in despair; persecuted but not abandoned; struck down but not destroyed...
...Therefore we do not lose heart, though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary and what is unseen is eternal.
House in VA
I'll cut to the chase, NO. Make that a BIG FAT NO. Let the record state, we are so OK with this. The seller went from telling us we could do an inspection for "informational purposes only" to "no inspection". HELLO!!! Big red flag. How dumb do we look? Don't answer that, lately we look pretty worn, LOL! The crazy thing is that in VA a seller does not have to provide you with full disclosure in order to put their home on the market. In CO we had to complete about 5 pages of full disclosure information. We were taken back by this little tidbit.
Being the investigators that we are, we went knocking on doors in the neighborhood. Who needs an inspection when the neighbors there were just plain awesome and oozing with information. I'll spare you the details, suffice it to say, God spared us from that nightmare. I am all about putting some elbow grease and sweat equity into a home however, I want to see how much work is left to do so that I can bid accordingly. The sellers of this home bought it as a foreclosure and basically put "lipstick on a pig" and didn't really invest into fixing the issues. Now they are trying to pass on that money pit to an unsuspecting fool. Oh joy!
House in CO
Still on the market. We are marketing for sale and for rent. We got nothing. Likely we will be heading back to CO and parking ourselves on it until it sells. We are tapped out on funds and can't keep the pace up much longer. Unless God brings the buyer by the end of the month we're outta here. If we have to move back I want to do so before Winter {heavy sigh}
Life in Ninevah
Well, it's been quite the experience thus far. The crazy thing is that we really felt called to be here. We felt God was being very clear in bringing us here. We are completely perplexed as to why He isn't selling our home and giving us the closure that we need so that we can move ahead with the mission at hand. In the meanwhile, this move has taken a toll on our finances and a personal toll on our emotions. We wait and pray because there's nothing left for us to do. We're exasperated.
We continue to thank God for providing thus far. We praise Him because we know somewhere in what we see as a mess, He is orchestrating something. We have no clue what that something is and that is what makes this situation frustrating but we do know that He is up to something.
I know I seem impatient and that is probably because I am. Admission is the first step to recovery right? I implore you not to be a "miserable comforter" (read Job). We know that we have to trust God, we know that it is in God's hands and there's NOTHING we can do. All suggestions, while one may have great ideas, there really is nothing left for us to do. Please do not try to tell me that I am trying to control things because you have not a clue on how little control I have had in this entire process. Armchair psychologist need not apply, LOL! What's funny is that the few people trying to tag this label on me don't even know me!! What is it with the labels and labeling people, again read Job you miserable comforter, LOL! Lastly, not another devotion, not another sermon, well intended they may be. This is a God thing and it's His decision as to when He sells "his house".
Remember the night before Jesus was arrested? Remember His request? it was simple, "be here" and you know what they did? They all fell asleep! That's something I have learned through the years. People don't know how to BE there for people. It's the Mary/Martha syndrome. We feel compelled to give what we feel is a solution whether it be a Bible scripture, a sermon, or when all else fails we fall back on "boundaries" and avoid people altogether.
I've read Job twice now and I so get him when he calls his friends "miserable comforters". Seriously, believers need to learn how to BE with someone who is in the midst of their chaos. Whatever that chaos is. I can recall specific times in my life (including now) where I need the kind of friend that will break bread with me and make me laugh at the chaos while we wait for God to move this mountain. Keep that in mind for when you come across someone in your life who is waiting for God to move their mountain. Just be.
Today the weather is just perfect for some chicken soup. I am going to make some bread. Who will join me?
~
2 Corinthians 4: 7-9, 16-18
But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us. We are hard pressed on every side but not crushed; perplexed but not in despair; persecuted but not abandoned; struck down but not destroyed...
...Therefore we do not lose heart, though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary and what is unseen is eternal.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.