A recovering Postmodernist feminist who teaches and equips those whom God has called her to serve, with a Biblical Worldview. She resides in Virginia with her husband of 20 years, two daughters and their fluffy puppy, Finley. She enjoys reading, glamping (it's like camping sans the dirt) and she's a self-professed coffee addict.

Ninevah - it's growing on me

My house is still sitting in CO empty and waiting for its new owner to embrace it and cherish it just as much if not more than we did. Yes, I will confess I've been a mess over it.  I think I chewed off all my nails!  In the midst of my crisis I keep remembering to look UP because quite frankly I've got no where else to look. We've been living in the eye of the storm for the past couple of months and while things have been "uncomfortable" I take comfort in Paul's words that when we are weak HE is strong. As God continues to refine me, I try to remember to count my blessings.  It helps keep things in perspective. 

I am thankful for ...

...God gifting artists and giving them the words to put to music.  It is these very words that gently remind me of His promises in a manner that moves me to tears.   Sometimes that is all I can do when I listen to worship music. It is medicine for this tired and weary soul.

...God knowing where to plug us in.  To a certain extent I have felt like I am a little fish entering this huge pond in which there is an established hierarchy and the "big fish" have made it very clear that I must "earn my way" into their established domains.  I have plenty on my plate and the last thing I am interested in doing is seeking approval of others to "play in their reindeer games."  I did a Dory, I just kept swimming and although my first couple of weeks here were a bit lonely, God is just simply AMAZING in that He put us just where we need to be.   

...for trees! Did I just say that out loud?!  The trees in my yard are very TALL and just this morning I looked up and I could see the sun coming through them, just like in an artist's painting.  It's so much more breathtaking in person!  I was reminded that God is tall and majestic, even more than those beautiful trees. He has a much better view from up there than I do from down here.  There are days where I anticipate the Fall season and have to catch my breath imagining just how beautiful those trees will appear.

...for my daily bread.  Bills come in, bills get paid. We are faithful to our tithe, talents and time and continue to stay available where God chooses to use us.  As He promised He is taking care of the details.  Unfortunately, I am impatient but God loves me anyway! I really want to see our house sold...like NOW! I don't want to get caught up in treating God like a "genie in a bottle" but God does say "you don't have because you don't ask" and by all means I've made by requests known.  I am that obnoxious neighbor that just keeps knocking and knocking and I am waiting for Him to answer.  (Luke 11: 5-13) In the NIV it says that "because of your shameless audacity, he will get up and give you what you need."  Well, as of late I've been pretty shameless.

...VBS, it gives my girls the opportunity to make friends in a godly environment and gives me a break. Besides, I love VBS songs!

...my friends.  God really gifted me with some amazing friendships and while we can't easily meet up at the local Starbucks, I feel their prayers and it's truly awesome to know people care.

...my job. It's a huge blessing right now and the people I get to work with and for are just super-uper cool! They keep me sane and give me much needed laughter like from the belly hearty laughs.  I thank God for providing this extended-family that blesses my soul.

...my FAMILY, but of course. They are just awesome.  My husband for working so hard. My girls for adjusting to this move like lil' champs.  Truth be told they've adjusted much better than their mother :/  I guess we can only handle one person in this house having regular meltdowns, LOL!

...a couple of FB friends, whom I've never met in person but have said / sent me the thing I needed to hear at the right time.  God has great timing.  I'm glad they were listening.

That's it for now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

BlogWithIntegrity.com

Donate

Video of the Day

Contact us

Name

Email *

Message *