A recovering Postmodernist feminist who teaches and equips those whom God has called her to serve, with a Biblical Worldview. She resides in Virginia with her husband of 20 years, two daughters and their fluffy puppy, Finley. She enjoys reading, glamping (it's like camping sans the dirt) and she's a self-professed coffee addict.

Ninevah - the story continues



Greetings from the Enchanted Forest –

It appears that Prince Charming was kicked off his horse, who sped away (without ME) back to CO. If anyone sees that horse, send it back here and tell it that it forgot me! I wanna go home!!! Ok, so maybe that did sound a tad bit whiney, what can I say I'm in Ninevah waiting for this fish to spit me back out. I'm thinking that's starting to look more like 3yrs vs 3 days. Here's the latest update by subject --

Church:
We are attending Bethel Baptist. We had sent an email to about five churches in the area and only Bethel responded. The Pastor and his wife have been very kind and the community very welcoming. We are not sure where we are going to "land" but so far it looks like it will be here. We are in “Baptist country” for sure! There’s a Baptist church (along with its corresponding cemetery) on every corner. Bethel has about 100 parishioners’ which around these parts is quite the crowd. This church has “doxology” written in the program (which they do after the offering), I had to look that up, LOL! I caught on the 2nd week when we were doing the same thing again, LOL! For a moment I thought I was back at Catholic mass. It’s been a long time since I’ve been in a church with such “formalities”, LOL! I never thought I’d say this, but I miss drums. Not the "put on earplugs" for worship, as I think that is more of distraction, but a gimme a beat, LOL!

House:
Showings have picked up but still no offers. I think I’ve chewed all my fingernails down just thinking about this! I’d appreciate your prayers. I am starting to think God does not like me :/ I know He loves me (no doubt) so don’t respond with the “He loves you" comments, LOL!) Don't be a "miserable comforter" (read the book of Job). Bottom line I am not feeling very well-liked by Yours Truly and I'm sure this too shall pass.

Logistics:
Basically, they did not tell us that we were entitled to TWO separate deliveries. One for our temporary housing and another when we officially moved in to our permanent residence. While they were packing our house I was thinking out loud and said"how am I going to squeeze 3000 sq ft into 1600 sq ft?" That is when they told me I could have two separate deliveries!! By then my entire kitchen was packed and so was 80% of our stuff. Mind you with no rhyme or reason. Ok, take that back. In defense of packers everywhere, there is in fact a method to their madness. The boxes have to be stackable and therefore items need to fill all the way to the top so that boxes don't collapse on each other. They are pack 6-8ft high in a semi-trailer so I get it.

However, had I known about the two separate deliveries, I would've pulled the items we absolutely needed the next 4-6 months and they could pack the rest as they saw fit. When we attempted to pull the boxes that we needed, the boxes were not clearly labeled (we got ironing board but no iron, and the like). God uses everything to His glory and as a result of this "inconvenience" we decided to have everything delivered. It was determined that we'd pack it in as best as we could and use the garage as our storage unit for the next 6 months. For many reasons, this has turned out to be a HUGE blessing.

Girls:
I am ever so thankful that God provides always provides for the needs of my girls and to have people spoil them. The gentleman who is building our house, his wife was just AWESOME with the girls. She immediately engaged them and took them for ice cream. When we went back (different day) to review more floor plans she had a basket of goodies for each of them. They have a grandaughter close in age so we are planning for a play date soon.

The girls have VBS at Salem Baptist (different church). They are having Pandamania @ church back in Colorado and they were disappointed to have to miss it. Thankfully we found it here and we'll be there all next week. Did I mention that one-way drive is 17 miles? Yeah, about that “country living”…

House in the country:
Right now we are in the boonies or as I like to call it – the “Enchanted Forest” I am ‘afraid’ to drive at night because apparently there are deer everywhere. The builder of our home provided this spec home for us to rent, which was very gracious of him. No joke, I was doing laundry and I was tempted to break out in song in hopes that my animal friends would come and rescue me. All I saw was bugs and couldn't help but think of the movie "Enchanted" seeing that I was not interested in rats cleaning my kitchen the singing came to a screeching halt, LOL!

While the house is smaller than what we had in CO, it does meet our needs and the girls have a huge yard to play in. I was excited until someone told me about deer ticks…eeeeewwwww!!! Our new home will be closer in. Instead of driving 17 miles to Costco (civilization) it will be about 5-6 miles which I can totally handle. I’m a city slicker afterall! GASP!!

In general:
I think I cry at least 3-4 times daily. I know, pathetic :/ I keep reading Jonah to figure out when he was able to leave Ninevah, LOL! I'm thinking it had something to do with his attitude. Yeah, I'm right there with him. I am praising God and we are very thankful for the way He has provided, even in the smallest of details, He is taking care of us. Unfortunately, I am not in the greatest place because I must admit, I don't want to be here. Admission is the first step to recovery, right? I am pretty sure that if any of my friends were placed in their "ninevah" they'd be experiencing the same thing. So don't be a miserable comforter, LOL!

I am thinking that about covers it, for now.


~ Bitter Princess ~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

BlogWithIntegrity.com

Donate

Video of the Day

Contact us

Name

Email *

Message *