Osama Bin Laden's death has gone viral and everyone has an opinion. Twitter, Facebook and blog rants are in full swing. You've got people celebrating and people criticizing the celebrants of Osama Bin Laden's death.
The verse of the day seems to be Proverbs 24:17 ~ Do not rejoice when your enemy falls, and do not let your heart be glad when he stumbles ~ followed by the MLK misused quote of day (which has been taken out of context). Naturally, I must opine and put in my two-cents.
As for my reaction, don't expect me to throw a party and likewise I won't be mourning his death. I don't think the people were "somber" when David cut off Goliath's head or when the Egyptian army was swallowed up in the Red Sea nor when the walls of Jericho came tumnbling down. God delivered each of these enemies into His people's hands. Likewise, He (God) has delivered Osama Bin Laden into the hands of our US troops. While I am not one to gloat, because *that* would be inappropriate. However, I will rejoice that God delivered us from this specific enemy.
...and then there's President Obama's (and the Liberal Left) handling of things. Allow me to point out a few things...
#1 - President Obama did not kill Bin Laden. American soldiers did, who incidentally the President just a few weeks ago was debating on whether or not to pay their salaries.
#2 - President Obama wanted out of this "war", his administration referred to this as "Bush's War" and ran their campaign on that.
#3 - We were able to obtain intel through "enhanced interrogations" performed by CIA Officers that this Administration was trying to prosecute for doing their job; and from detainees at Gitmo that President Obama swore to shut down.
In summary, the credit (glory) belongs to GOD who delivered this enemy to the soldiers who are so bravely fighting. President Obama is privileged to stand on the shoulder's of these giants (our soldiers and the policies that were in place, that he was so vehemently against). Election time is around the bend and President Obama has begun to campaign so it's only natural for him to want to take the credit.
I rejoice that GOD is in control and I have not forgotten what this President really stands for and hope the reader hasn't either.
With that being said, the war on terror is not over, and may not anyone be deceived into thinking that it is ♥
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.