It all started three years ago when we relocated to Ninevah (ahem!) VA. Prior to relocating we had become acquainted with Parental Rights and had conducted a screening of The Child in our home. As we unpacked and began to get settled in, on our "to-do" list was to learn where VA stood on the issues. That is where I met her. God would allow us to not only become great friends but partner in a cause much bigger than either one of us. Three years of our friendship growing and blooming; three years of watching this woman with a mission from God work tirelessly at fulfilling a promise to a prominent figure, that most have never heard of or when we did, we had no idea the role he played in our worldview.
The biggest thing for me as it related to my own personal story is the ability to clearly connect the dots. You see, on a personal level here I was Christian, Pro-Life and Conservative, you know, the package deal complete with a red bow. However, much to my surprise I had not connected the dots. Like most I was single-issue focused. Mind you, there's nothing wrong with focusing on an issue whether it be: pro-life, child abuse and pornography, domestic violence, fiscal responsibility (economics), human trafficking, etc. however, it helps to have an understanding and the perspective of how they are all inter-connected. For the most part, we have a tendency (guilty as charged) to pick an issue that is controversial enough and fighting on that single mound we call a hill, albeit valiantly. We either don't connect the dots because we've never been afforded the opportunity to or because it's too much, too controversial and we relent and allow "the world" to define it for us. Oh the mess we make and the clean-up is ever so complex that we rather stay on the "hill" of least resistance.
There's a higher calling for all of us. God tells us that we have to take every thought captive into the obedience of Christ that means all areas of our life including [and especially] the ones we struggle to understand the most. It behooves us to connect the dots and see how all these areas intersect. In its most simplest form, our problem has always been sin. In it's complexity, knowing how we got here will help you navigate the course and steer away from its dangers.
What made me come down off the mound (that I liked to call a hill) and take a look at the entire countryside? The story. God's people perish from lack of knowledge and as such I am honored to be involved in whatever way God chooses to use me. Today, it is in the telling of this man's story and how it shifted the mindset of America. In a nutshell (and a teaser) what he did was to essentially "destroy the evidence" as he shifted America's conscience to not only fight for this idol but to celebrate it.
As Christians, we have the mind of Christ (1 Corinthians 2:13-16) and as such we must cast down every thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God (2 Corinthians 10:5)
I am honored to be a part of this journey with my friend and that she has asked me to join her. Although I feel like "stuttering Moses" when I am asked to speak, I know that God is at work and I am humbled to be a part of it. At the end of the day, salvation is found in Christ alone (Amen!) and I am ever thankful for that Amazing Grace, oh how sweet it is!
For more information, visit Hosea Initiative #ThePromise #Hosea4You

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.