It's conference season and what that really means is that my husband needs to hide the checkbook! Did you ever see "My Fair Lady"? If so, do you remember Professor Higgin's library? I tell you that is a homeschoolers dream!!! Books everywhere!! Professor Higgin's library is so wonderfully awesome that it has its own set of stairs. If I had a room like this in my house I would never leave. Which could explain why I don't have one.
When I was a little girl I remember finding, more like losing, myself at the library almost daily; my mother would have to drag me out. I am down with technology and I am sure that given enough time I would come to enjoy a Kindle (or Nook) but I can honestly say that nothing beats a book. I heart books!
With conference season but around the corner, it's even harder to resist buying (more like stock piling) for my dream library. Afterall, it's educational material! Not that my 2nd grader can actually read Moby Dick or Sherlock Holmes but eventually she will need to read it and I want to be prepared (that's my story and I am sticking to it!) I find myself reviewing catalogs so that I can stay focused and on budget. It's easier said than done.
The latest addition to my library is the Annals of the World, it's a big book and it will make a great addition to the library. There's so many books I *must* have and so little space (and money)! I keep telling myself "if I build it will come."
A word of caution, should a "donate" button appear on this blog, just click and donate because my mind is a terrible thing to waste :)
When I was a little girl I remember finding, more like losing, myself at the library almost daily; my mother would have to drag me out. I am down with technology and I am sure that given enough time I would come to enjoy a Kindle (or Nook) but I can honestly say that nothing beats a book. I heart books!
With conference season but around the corner, it's even harder to resist buying (more like stock piling) for my dream library. Afterall, it's educational material! Not that my 2nd grader can actually read Moby Dick or Sherlock Holmes but eventually she will need to read it and I want to be prepared (that's my story and I am sticking to it!) I find myself reviewing catalogs so that I can stay focused and on budget. It's easier said than done.
The latest addition to my library is the Annals of the World, it's a big book and it will make a great addition to the library. There's so many books I *must* have and so little space (and money)! I keep telling myself "if I build it will come."
A word of caution, should a "donate" button appear on this blog, just click and donate because my mind is a terrible thing to waste :)

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.